There sure has been a whole lot of news going on in the last several days.
Texas Eagle Forum wants to say congratulations to the new interim Chair for the RPT – James Dickey! It’s time that we all rally together and get the work done!
We are proud of Chairman Dickey for right out of the gate emphasizing the Texas GOP platform and calling for Gov. Abbott to do everything he can to work with Texans on these issues.
Here is the list that Chairman Dickey sent out. Governor Abbott included in his call several items which relate to planks from the 2016 RPT Platform as noted:
- Municipal annexation reform– Plank 37: Property Rights
- Cracking down on mail-in ballot fraud– Plank 59: Fair Election Procedures
- Privacy– Plank 87: Gender Identity
- Prohibition of taxpayer funding for abortion providers– Plank 91: Funding
- School choice for special needs students– Plank 147: School Choice
- Strengthening patient protections relating to do-not-resuscitate orders– Plank 100: Patient Protection
- Property tax reform– Plank 175: Tax Burden
- Prohibition of taxpayer dollars to collect union dues– Plank 197: Right to Work
- School finance reform commission– Plank 120: Funding
- Caps on state and local spending– Plank 167: Spending Limitations
Speaking of work, looks like the special session will be happening as announced yesterday by Governor Abbott.
The list of Governor Abbott’s items on the call for special session to begin July 18th per Texas Tribune Patrick Svitek.
- Sunset legislation
- Teacher pay increase of $1,000
- Administrative flexibility in teacher hiring and retention practices
- School finance reform commisssion
- Shool choice for special needs students
- Property tax reform
- Caps on state and local spending
- Preventing cities from regulating what property owners do with trees on private land
- Preventing local governments from changing rules midway through construction projects
- Speeding up local government permitting process
- Municipal annexation reform
- Texting while driving preemption
- Prohibition of taxpayer dollars to collect union dues
- Prohibition of taxpayer funding for abortion providers
- Pro-life insurance reform
- Strengthening abortion reportingrequirements when health complications arise
- Strengthening patient protections relating to do-not -resuscitate orders
- Cracking down on mail-in ballot fraud
- Extending maternal mortality task force
Know that Texas Eagle Forum is already working with our friends and coalition members and we will be there in Austin, July 18th.
Please pray for us.
President of Texas Eagle Forum