During this joyous Christmas season, we give thanks to God for the blessings of family, friends and freedom. And we thank you for your activism, prayers and financial support of Texas Eagle Forum during the past year.
What a year it has been! With the stunning election night victory of Donald Trump and Mike Pence, God has stirred up our nation in hope for the future, and we, as citizens, must make the most of this opportunity and continue to be faithful to pray without ceasing.
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.” 1 Tim. 2:1-2
As the scripture says above, we are called to pray for our leaders, so let’s be diligent and faithful both to pray and to be engaged in the governmental process. We, here at Texas Eagle Forum, will begin the new year with thanksgiving and hope – hope for our children and grandchildren, hope for America, and hope that our nation will once again be that shining city on a hill, a true beacon of freedom in the world.
When the 85th Legislative Session opens in Austin on January 10, 2017, Texas Eagle Forum will be there to be your voice to keep Texas conservative and our families safe. We are thrilled to work alongside several other strong, liberty-minded grassroots organizations, and as a completely volunteer grassroots army, Texas Eagle Forum is uniquely positioned to make a difference in Austin.
Partner with Texas Eagle Forum by clicking this link to donate now!
We believe that our political and cultural agenda is your agenda and worth fighting for.
- Working for the passage of American Laws for American Courts (ALAC) – to safeguard our constitutional rights against foreign law that would encroach on those rights in our courts. Similar bills have already passed in ten states; it is time to add Texas to that growing list.
- Protecting religious liberties in the state of Texas and our nation. We support the “Privacy for Women and Children” legislation which protects our most vulnerable. Everyone’s rights should be considered not just a few. Already girls are losing positions in sporting competitions to boys identifying as females and some sexual predators are using the opportunities given through these “bathroom bills” to prey on young women. This nonsense must be stopped!
- Continuing to stand strong on the LIFE issue. There are a number of important pieces of legislation being put forward this session that deal with life from conception to the grave.
- Fighting back against the horrendous human trafficking here in our state. We will do everything in our power to find answers for these women being used and abused, their children, and redemption for the people involved. We will be working with other effective para-church and activist groups that are making a difference and do what we can to help with this growing tragedy.
- Securing the Texas electrical grid from a cyber or physical terrorist activity or from a natural catastrophic Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) event. Texas has a tremendous advantage here to lead the nation since we are the ONLY state with its own electrical grid!
- Remaining vigilant to protect our borders, the Second Amendment and ending Texas sanctuary cities that are allowing illegal aliens a haven from the enforcement of immigration laws.
- Working to expose and push back against educational and environmental fads pushed on our public-school students. Our TEF Vice-President MerryLynn Gerstenschlager, who just returned from another UN Climate Change meeting in Morocco, has kept this her number one focus throughout the years.
In 2017, Texas Eagle Forum will continue to offer a powerful and compelling, pro-family VOICE that can make a decisive difference in Austin… but we need your help.
I must be honest and say this is the hardest part for me, but it is necessary. We have many hopes and ideas to reach this state with our pro-life, pro-family and pro-liberty values and action plans but we need your voices and we need the finances to do it.
Educating activists, communicating our message, and encouraging others to get involved in this fight all cost money. Would you consider helping us with a generous year-end gift of $1,000, $500, $250, $100, or $50 online? You can also set up recurring monthly donations online as well to help us throughout 2017.
As I stated at the beginning, we have a small window of opportunity to make an impact. I am committed. Will you join us? This year has proven one thing, prayer and citizen action, produces victory…and the impact of this victory will affect generations of Americans. There was a lot at stake during 2016 and 2017 will not be any different. We are counting on you to stand strong with us.
May you and your family have a blessed Christmas as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Pressing onward into 2017,
Partner With Us
Partner with Texas Eagle Forum for the year 2017 to help make a difference!