1. DFW Friends – Let’s stand up for the unborn and the Born Alive Act. Join Pro-life Friends at Rep. Colin Allred’s Townhall
Join us at the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce from 5:30 to 6:30 pm. All the information is here on their FB event or email email@example.com.
2. Bill to Protect Children from Pornography URGENT ALERT – ACTION needed ASAP to protect children from pornography! HB 3730 needs a hearing quickly or it will die. This bill requires vendors that provide online library resources to schools to filter obscenity and pornography. Texas contracts for online library resources through TexQuest. EBSCO is a vendor that has egregious content. Students can access EBSCO at home or at school. Once into the EBSCO online portal, school and home filters do not work. EBSCO is available to K-12 students in 66% of public and charter schools — 94% of students have access to it. One large district remove EBSCO after one parent made them aware of it. One person speaking up matters! Texas parents have found pornography through EBSCO, even hardcore pornography! Parents in Colorado have sued EBSCO for exposing their children to pornography. ACTION: ASAP! Please call or email Committee Chairman John Cyrier (House Committee on Culture, Recreation & Tourism) Ask him to give HB 3730 a hearing before it’s too late: firstname.lastname@example.org What to say – Please put in your own words: Dear Chairman Cyrier, I don’t believe that you support K-12 students having access to pornography. That’s why I have a hard time understanding why you haven’t held a hearing for HB 3730. Please give this bill a hearing and vote before it’s too late. Please protect children from pornography. Pray for this bill to get a hearing
3. Let’s close the loophole in Texas for late term abortions for children with health problems with HB 2434 by Rep. Matt Schaefer
Call your legislators and tell them to support State Representative Matt Schaefer’s bill – HB 2434.
From Destin Sensky at Empower Texans,
“Now a piece of stand-alone legislation authored by State Rep. Matt Schaefer (R-Tyler), who also brought forward the lightning-rod amendment two years prior, offers an opportunity for lawmakers to put an end to the practice.
Currently, the State of Texas bans most abortions after 20 weeks, but a loophole in the law allows late-term abortions for children diagnosed with one of a few conditions deemed to be incompatible with life outside the womb.
4. Let’s Cut Property Taxes without raising Sales Tax. Call your legislators and tell them we want real property tax reform without an increase in sales taxes. We can do it. Here is one possible solution from TPPF.
The taxpayer funded lobbyists are still at work. This is a great graphic from Forbes magazine on what is really going on.
5. We need real free speech on college campuses in Texas
If HB 3395/SB 18 is passed, Texas will made drastic strides towards restoring the First Amendment on our campuses.
If the proposed legislation fails, Texas students will continue to be deprived of the opportunity to grow intellectually and morally through hearing all sides to an argument.
Please read this white paper from TPPF and then call your legislators in support of this legislation.
Thank you for remaining diligent.
Let’s all pray for our brothers and sisters in Sri Lanka this week. I want to end here with the beautiful words by Vice President Mike Pence “POTUS and I are monitoring the horrific attacks on those celebrating Easter in Sri Lanka. Our hearts & prayers are with the victims & their families. This atrocity is an attack on Christianity & religious freedom everywhere. No one should ever be in fear in a house of worship.”
|Trayce Bradford, President of Texas Eagle Forum|